Earlier this week, Deborah Powers, director of SMB direct sales for Comcast Business, received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Award at a ceremony at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall in Pittsburgh. Powers was nominated by one of her employees who is currently serving a year-long deployment.
An employee serving in the National Guard or Reserve, or the spouse of a Guard or Reserve member, may nominate individual supervisors for support provided directly to the nominating Service member and his or her family. The Patriot Award reflects the efforts made to support citizen warriors through a wide-range of measures including flexible schedules, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families, and granting leaves of absence if needed.
As one of America’s most military-friendly and military-ready employers, Comcast NBCUniversal has hired more than 15,000 Veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and Military Spouses since 2010. Comcast NBCUniversal recognizes that continued military service is challenging, so we’ve created special programs to simplify the lives of our employees in the military and their families. We’ve also implemented customer care programs to simplify the customer experience for the military community.
Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment to the military community has been recognized with a number of awards, including:
- #1 Military Spouse Friendly Employer for 2017 by Military Spouse Magazine
- #4 Military Friendly Employer for 2017 by G.I. Jobs Magazine
- #20 Military Times Best For Vets Employers 2016
- Top 10 – DiversityInc Company for Veterans in 2016
- Finalist – 2017 Secretary of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Freedom Award
- Top 25 – National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA) – 2016’s Best U.S.
- Corporations Working With Veteran-Owned Businesses
- Corporate Leadership Award – 2016 – The Travis Manion Foundation