BEAVER COUNTY, PA – Comcast has launched 95 Xfinity WiFi outdoor hotspots in Beaver County over the past several months, part of the ongoing expansion of a WiFi network in its Keystone Region that now includes more than 3,830 hotspots providing free access points that keep Comcast customers connected on the go.
The addition of these outdoor hotspots near shopping and dining destinations, government offices, parks and other vibrant areas in Beaver County complements Comcast’s more than 10 million existing residential and business hotspots across the nation. Most Xfinity Internet customers have unlimited access at no additional cost, and non-customers can access them for up to two one-hour sessions per month.
The Keystone Region comprises western, central and northeastern Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, northern West Virginia and the Maryland panhandle. In Pennsylvania, this builds upon the more than 1,100 Xfinity WiFi hotspots already available in Allegheny County.
Available Beaver County Xfinity WiFi hotspots include:
- In Aliquippa, near the Hopewell Township Municipal Building, Hopewell Shopping Center, B.F. Jones Memorial Library, U.S. Post Office and Center Township Municipal Building
- In Ambridge, near the Ambridge Municipal Building, Laughlin Memorial Free Library and multiple shopping and dining locations along Duss Avenue and Merchant Street
- In Baden, near the U.S. Post Office, Baden Memorial Library and Baden Memorial Park
- In Economy, near the Municipal Park and Police Department
- In Monaca, near Township Marketplace and multiple dining and shopping locations along Brodhead Road.
“As we continue to invest in our WiFi network, we are bringing residents in Beaver County and other nearby communities new levels of connectivity and convenience,” said Christine Whitaker, senior vice president of Comcast’s Keystone Region.
Most Xfinity Internet customers can access Xfinity WiFi hotspots by selecting “xfinitywifi” from the list of available networks on their laptops or mobile devices and entering their Comcast email and password. The Xfinity WiFi App, available for download on both iOS and Android devices, makes it easy to locate business and outdoor hotspots, or customers can visit the hotspot finder map online at www.xfinity.com/wifi.
After signing in for the first time, customers will be automatically connected to the Xfinity WiFi network whenever they are in a hotspot location and they can easily take advantage of access points available across the country, including popular vacation destinations along the East Coast.
According to Cisco, 88 percent of all U.S. data traffic on mobile and portable devices will travel over WiFi by 2018. The Xfinity WiFi network helps to ensure that Comcast’s Internet customers have the best available online experience when they are on the go.