Pandora’s Full Suite of Features – Including Access to Premium On-Demand, Ad-Free Radio Plus and Ad-Supported Radio Stations – Now Integrated Throughout the X1 Platform and Controllable with Voice Commands
It’s Now Easier Than Ever to Search, Discover and Play Music with Pandora and X1
Pandora, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., and Comcast, a global media and technology company, today announced a completely reinvented streaming music experience on Xfinity X1 with a deeper Pandora integration. In addition to an entirely new look and feel, customers will enjoy access to Pandora’s on-demand Premium and ad-free radio Plus subscriptions over the Internet on X1 for the first time. Pandora’s integration with the X1 Voice Remote provides effortless access to music across all levels of service. The new Pandora experience also makes it easier than ever for customers to access and discover personalized music alongside the live, on-demand, DVR and web programming included in Xfinity TV.
“We’re seeing explosive growth in listening through in-home devices like X1, and we’re proud to be one of Comcast’s premier online music streaming partners,” said Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer, Pandora. “Pandora continues to harness the power of X1 in new and innovative ways from voice-activation to easy, intuitive access to music throughout the platform, bringing music to the forefront of your in-home entertainment experience like never before.”
The new Pandora integration on X1 brings customers:
- Ability to choose the level of service that fits their needs. Pandora Premium allows consumers to search and play any song, album, playlist or station; Pandora Plus provides access to ad-free radio stations with additional skips and replays; Pandora’s free service enables access to personalized stations.
- Quick access to their favorite music simply by saying, “Pandora” into the X1 voice remote.
- Access to specific songs, albums or playlists with simple commands like “play ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ by Sia on Pandora.”
- Immediate Pandora playback through a simplified sign-in experience.
- Pandora integrated with search and surfaced throughout Xfinity On Demand, including within popular destinations such as music, kids and Latino and on select artist profile pages.
“We are constantly improving the in-home entertainment experience by integrating new features and services into Xfinity X1,” said Chris Satchell, Executive Vice President, Chief Product Officer, Comcast Cable. “Our customers love the ability to play music through their television, which often have the best speakers in the house, and we are thrilled to expand our partnership with Pandora and provide Xfinity TV customers with seamless access to Pandora’s full suite of online features on X1.”
In addition to Xfinity X1, Pandora is currently available on over 2,000 connected devices and streaming platforms including Sonos, Fitbit, Roku, Google Home, Amazon Echo and Xbox. Pandora is available for use in over 200 vehicle models including GM and Honda, making it the ubiquitous streaming music platform on the market today.
Comcast is reimagining entertainment experiences on the TV with Xfinity X1, giving customers seamless access to the live, on demand, DVR and web programming they love most, all in one place, and instantly accessible with the X1 voice remote.