Access All of NBC Olympics’ Coverage in One Place on X1 and Xfinity Stream
X1 Customers Will Enjoy 50 New Olympics Virtual Channels, New Voice Controls, Athlete Profiles, Real-time Stats, Daily Summaries, and Medal Counts
Comcast today unveiled the most live, mobile and technologically advanced Olympics experience that will be available to Xfinity TV customers on the TV and across platforms for the Winter Olympics PyeongChang 2018. Following the success of the Rio Olympics, Comcast is rolling out a host of new features on Xfinity X1 and the Xfinity Stream app and web portal so viewers can customize and control their Olympics viewing experience across platforms, and never miss a moment of the Winter Games.
“Our goal is to raise the bar for the modern-day Olympics viewing experience across platforms, and experiment with new features and functionality that will surprise and delight our customers in exciting new ways,” said Matt Strauss, Executive Vice President, Xfinity Services. “With 50 new virtual channels dedicated to the PyeongChang Games, enhanced voice control, medal counts, real-time stats and daily summaries, we are excited for X1 customers to experience the Olympic Games like never before. And by creating one go-to destination for all Olympics coverage across devices on Xfinity Stream, all Xfinity TV customers can access every moment of every event on their favorite devices, at home or anywhere in the country.”
X1 customers will enjoy easy access to all 2,400+ hours of NBC Olympics’ live, on demand and streaming coverage—the most ever for a Winter Games—in one place. And for the first time, all Xfinity TV customers will be able to access this comprehensive NBC Olympics dashboard across devices with the Xfinity Stream app and web portal.
The X1 experience will feature:
- 50 Virtual Channels, curated by the Xfinity TV editorial team, that highlight the best moments of each day in PyeongChang, trending athletes, spills and thrills and more. Customers can watch all videos included in a playlist or browse and select only the videos they would like to watch.
- Daily summaries offering real-time snapshots of the Olympics with up-to-date information on the day’s events, featured athletes and a medal tracker.
- On demand access to NBC programming in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos three-dimensional sound, including the opening ceremony, ski jumping, figure skating, and snowboard big air. NBC Olympics’ 4K HDR coverage of the PyeongChang Games is presented by Xfinity.
- An on-screen companion experience with the X1 Sports App, providing viewers with the latest scores, schedules, stats, and highlights for every sport and event.
With more than 500 million voice commands generated monthly, X1 customers are using their voice remotes more than ever to navigate their entertainment experience. And to ensure users can access all NBC Olympics programming, updates and information quickly and easily, X1 customers will be able to control their experience with 1,500 Olympic-specific voice commands. For the PyeongChang Winter Games, X1 customers can:
- Say “Winter Olympics” to navigate to the NBC Olympics dashboard.
- Check the hockey score while watching curling by saying, “USA Men’s Hockey.”
- Explore events, replays, and highlights for any sport by saying, “Alpine Skiing.”
- Find out when athletes are competing by saying, “Gus Kenworthy” or “Team USA.”
- Check out how any country is doing by saying, “What is the medal count?”
- Plan out your day by saying, “What Olympics events are on today?”
- Say, “What song is this?” to get song and artist information for the music playing during figure skating performances.
The NBC Primetime Show begins February 8th with coverage available via NBCUniversal networks including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), USA Network, CNBC, and the Olympic Channel.
For more information about X1, visit www.xfinity.com/X1.