While June may be Pride Month, Comcasters will be celebrating throughout the summer, starting with the This is Me Rally and EQT Equality March in Pittsburgh on June 10. For the third year, Comcast will serve as a media sponsor and the OUT@Comcast Employee Resource Group will march in the parade along with family and friends. “I’m looking forward to participating in the This Is Me Pride Celebration,” said OUT@Comcast member LaToya Robinson-Hunt. “It’s amazing to have my company there showing support for all people as we continue to strive for diversity and inclusion.”
On July 28, Comcasters in Harrisburg will participate in Pride Festival of Central Pennsylvania and York employees will be take part in Celebrate Pride August 3-11. In addition to these events, OUT@Comcast is providing educational resources to employees, including LGBTQ history and online resources for allies.
For customers, one of the new X1 features available On Demand is the Kids & Family collection within LGBTQ Film & TV. This first-of its-kind home for youth-oriented entertainment celebrates diversity and highlights the LGBTQ community in positive and relatable ways. The new Kids & Family collection showcases unique curations of entertainment and educational content for kids, tweens and teens, as well as family-viewing recommendations from Common Sense Media and community voices Mombian and the Advocate.
Additional features throughout the month include:
- Here TV’s annual free preview (6/1/18 – 6/7/18)
- The release of critically acclaimed films such as “A Kid Like Jake,” “Love Simon” and tons more
- New Community Recommendations collection from Family Equality Council
- New Guest Editor picks from Jazz Jennings (“I Am Jazz”), Taylor Barrett (“Work in Progress”) and Troye Sivan (“Bloom”)
- Featured content including select titles from Breaking Glass Pictures (“1:54,” “Handsome Devil,” “Rift”), 12 new Frameline Distribution films (“Suicide Kale,” “A Self-Made Man”), more than 20 new “I’m from Driftwood” stories, TV favorites like Will & Grace and new #Pride30 stories from NBC OUT.