With Winter Storm Izzy expected across the Northeast this weekend, we wanted you to know that Comcast is ready: We’ve increased our technical operations staffing levels, stocked our trucks with drops (connections from homes to poles) and are continuously monitoring our network.
During inclement weather, we position equipment like generators in strategic locations where very high wind gusts are predicted, so our field technicians can go out as quickly as possible when it’s safe to do so to restore affected services.
We also coordinate closely with power companies so that technicians will be dispatched to impacted areas when power has been restored and it is safe for them to perform work in an affected area.
Here’s how customers can make sure they stay connected during unpredictable weather events.
Download our free apps:
- Xfinity My Account– Customers can report and get updates on service interruptions and see when service is expected to be restored.
- Xfinity Stream– Choose from your favorite channels, On Demand programming or content from your DVR. And, you can download your favorite shows or movies to enjoy even when you’re offline.
- Xfinity Mobile– With the Xfinity Mobile app, customers can easily adjust their data plan at any time. Also, as an Xfinity Mobile customer, they can turn their mobile phone into a personal hotspot if they need to connect a computer to the Internet and don’t have WiFi.
- Xfinity WiFi Hotspots– Xfinity Internet customers can find and access millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots* nationwide.
- *Xfinity WiFi hotspots remain open to the public, including non-Xfinity customers, as part of our commitment to help people connect to the Internet during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make sure to protect your devices! Plug your TV, modem and cable box into a surge protector in case of a sudden power outage.
Stay informed about services, in real time: if the weather becomes severe enough, we may send text alerts with information about storms or service interruptions or with tips for restoring service. Sign in to My Account and make sure your phone number is added.
What Happens if there are Commercial Power Outages?
Your local utility provider must restore power before Xfinity services are restored and/or technicians can safely begin work on our lines.
It is possible that after power is returned to your home, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may require further restoration work by our teams. Please know we are committed to getting you up and running as soon as possible. If needed, our new Watts On Wheels generator fleet is ready to travel to hard-hit areas.