Comcast is expanding its Xfinity 10G Network to more than 8,000 homes in Cranberry Township. This expansion is part of Comcast’s broadband network being built to power the rise in Internet consumption today and into the future, setting the stage for new symmetrical multi-gigabit Internet options. Comcast Business has served customers in this area since 2020 and will start providing its full suite of Xfinity services, to its first new customers this summer.
“We are proud to build on the partnership we’ve developed with Cranberry Township businesses since 2020,” said Ray Roundtree, Senior Vice President for Comcast’s Keystone Region. “Expanding our high-speed and reliable Internet access to residents will provide important broadband connections they need for their educational, professional and personal lives.”
“We are always thrilled when a new business sees potential in Cranberry Township,” said Mike Manipole, Chairman of the Cranberry Township Board of Supervisors. “We work hard to meet the needs of our community, and Comcast’s move into the Township provides more opportunity and choice for our residents.”
“Since coming into the Cranberry market, Comcast has proven to be a great partner to the business community,” said Jim Boltz, President, Pittsburgh North Chamber of Commerce. “Their expansion of residential Internet service will only help the Cranberry community to continue to thrive and grow.”
Over the last few years, Comcast invested $2.4 billion in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania to improve and expand its network and continue delivering reliable, secure, and fast connectivity to its customers. In addition to the company’s latest investments in Butler Counties, the company is continuing work on its network expansion in neighboring areas, including Allegheny and Blair Townships, Duncansville and Hollidaysburg.
Cranberry residents can visit Xfinity.com, call 1-800-XFINITY or visit our Xfinity Store at 216 Chippewa Town Center in Beaver Falls to see if they are eligible for service. Experts at the Xfinity Store can help with product demonstrations and answer any questions new customers may have.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast also is proud to participate in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month ($75 per month on Tribal lands) toward their Internet and/or mobile service. Thanks to ACP, eligible Comcast customers can get home Internet through Comcast’s Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus at no cost once the federal credit is applied. Internet Essentials customers can also add a line of unlimited 5G cellular data ($45) through Xfinity Mobile for as little as $24.95/month after the ACP benefit is applied.
Comcast is deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company has installed 190 Lift Zones in Pennsylvania, including 37 in Allegheny County, providing free WiFi service to help these community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.